Extra Credit: Cosmix

COSMIX! Hmmhmmmhmmmm my favorite piece of the night was probably Trish & Gil. I think that was the title.. it's the one with the girl and her new boyfriend whose a total jerk. What really struck me about that piece was how it was filmed. I looved how the audience was getting to see the shot from so many different angles. And then from those different angles different things in that scene were revealed. So cool. I feel like that using the camera and screen in that way is something that could be definitely be used for future films.

Tranquility was really nice too, it wasn't super long and there wasn't really anything except landscapes, but again I enjoyed the way the artist really used the dome.

Miss Clark Introduces Panorama was fun too, I don't think the title of it was suppose to appear on the west side of the dome, but I really liked that it made the audience have to adjust to discover what it was. The content was funny and though it was much different than the last two pieces I listed it too used the full dome very well (good job :) !

"Buy the Ticket..." was another one that although I would have been okay with it being shorter, was really interesting to watch. The Jones' used the dome in a much more abstract than Trish & Gil, Tranquility and Miss Clark but they still used it well. I think after some time I had to stop watching the screen because it was making me dizzy but Jason was telling me it started to look as if the pattern had reversed. I'd be cool to hear how they composed that and what kind of optical illusions they looked into while making it.

I think the thing I liked least about Cosmix this year was how abruptly everything ended. A lot of the work ended without warning it made them feel unresolved.