Week Twelve: Arabian Nights

This week I read through Lillian Chestney's Arabian Nights. Her style was really whimsical and "inky." There have been some comics that have heavy inking that I reallyyy don't like, but Lillian does a good job of mixing up her lines and giving different things different weight.

Though these stories shouldn't have been brand new to me, most of them were. The stories were really engaging as well as each layout for each page. This would be a great comic to see in person cause I think there's just so much you can take in, and it'd be nice to see them with the page they were intended to be seen with. There were some points were the layout of one panel was so intricate (for example there was a circular panel that was being held by a woman) that I was confused and not sure if the character and/or things around the panel were part of the scene or just a decoration.

The whole comic really reminded me of the short film we had watched towards the beginning of the year, I think theyy were connected somehow..