Week Nine: Maison Ikkoku


I've never been a big Manga fan, I think I was actually quite against it for awhile. I guess just because in precollege there were people that drew Manga and I remember it being announced "There is a whole country that can draw Manga better than you. So draw something else." But other than seeing my brother watch DragonballZ I never really got anywhere close to anything Manga related. This week I read through Takahashi's Maison Ikkoku. It's a bit cheesy and silly, it feel a lot like a looser Archie. There's a silly guy with a crush on the Manager of the house, there's other weird guests that live there and are distracting and keeping him from the love of his life. Kind of typical, but I think the light heartedness of it has been refreshing and enjoyable. Something I can see myself reading once a week.