Week Thirteen: Preacher and Hellboy

This week I started off with Preacher. I wasn't really sure what it was about and thought I'd try it out. After not too long I realized it wasn't what I wanted to read, the content was eh, the comic is drawn in a grungy/dirty/white trash kind of style that I'm not really drawn to. So I decided to look into Hellboy, not expecting to really get much from it but I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't seen the movie, but I kind of assumed the comic would mimic the huge rock-like-yet-still-realistic-looking muscles I had seen in the trailers. Instead I was met with Mike Mignola's flat shapes and minimalistic characters. I read through the one about.. Nazi's ? Though I'm not hugely interested in super heros I did enjoy reading through and looking at Mignola's work. It's nice to see where people have taken super heros and how they've changed.